Saturday, June 13, 2009

Where does the time go?

My darling Jasper is a mere month away from his first birthday. Where has the time gone? It seems as if only yesterday, I was in my tiny bathroom on Ivy street looking at two lines on a dollar store pregnancy test. Since that day in the bathroom, I have began my journey into motherhood... I have given birth to two wonderful little souls. Caillou is now 2 1/2 and losing his babyhood more and more each day. All though I celebrate and relish in all the new and delightful things he says and does, my heart breaks, realizing that he is growing up way too fast. And my ever so wonderful Jasper, all though he may nurse all night long, and snuggle in my arms half the day away, I am realizing he is no longer a little newborn. He is going to be 1 year old!!! He is becoming so spunky and adventurous. You can tell that he really loves life. He is curious about everything! It is hard to believe that Jasper is the same age now, as Caillou was when we first found out that Jasper was on his way. Caillou seemed so much older at 1o months. Perhaps it is because Caillou was so much more mischievious and independent. Sadly, my oven is currently empty, no babies baking in there as of yet. Instead of morning sickness, and a motherly glow, I have pms and pimples. Oh well, soon. There surely will be more babies soon. I must be patient and while I wait I will enjoy my two little ones to the fullest. I am very eager to start work on Jasper's birthday party. Since he is such a snuggly little guy, I am having a teddy bear picnic party. I am in the process of sewing him a teddy bear just his size. I know it will give him many years of comfort and cuddles. Oh, I wish I could freeze time and keep my boys little forever. However since I can't do that, I will settle for sneaking into their rooms and watching them peacefully slumber for a bit. Goodnight y'all.

6 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I miss my babies being babies. Evan is almost 13, almost 6" and will still sit in my lap.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle's birthday is 2 on the 26th. Sniff! I know it goes by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasper is fast becoming a toddler. He will be catching up with Caillou soon.

    I am looking forward to another train ride with them again, soon.

    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, I just adore you and the way you love being a mother. It is indeed bittersweet to watch your little ones get bigger each day, happy for the growth yet sad that they'll never be this little again. I'm sure the teddy bear picnic will be a hit! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley,how I know to well the feeling of wanted to keep your little ones babys forever. Mine have long ago grown into adults and I remember those days of wishing they would slow their growing process. My youngest just turned 17 this month! I do have my sweet little GRANDS,but yet some of them are getting ever so big. I dare say it won't be to far into the future until I have a great come along...oh hush my lips from speaking such things.
    A very "Happy Birthday" to your dear little Jasper. A Teddy Bear Picnic party sounds so sweet....I can't wait to see the Teddy you make for him.
    Have a blessed week,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't make me tear up! Wyatt isn't too far behind Jasper! Ugh, it really is bittersweet for them to be growing so fast. I didn't realize how very fast a year goes! I love the teddy bear picnic idea! So very sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete