Friday, June 19, 2009

Simple things....




It is the simple things in life that are good, that are real, that bring happiness. Enjoying an ice cream with little ones, snuggling in the hammock with a dripping wet ( I just got out of the wading pool) toddler, the peaceful feeling of a baby breathing against your neck. These are the things that make me happy. Oh yes, and sewing pretty things, making sweet yummies, and making my house a home. It is in these things that I find happiness. Simple things. I have been in the process of simplifying my life lately... removing distractions and taking more time to enjoy these simple things.

2 comments:

  1. We all need to simplify our lives at times. And those who really care about you will certainly understand. You have your plate full well really over full right now.

    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree,Ashley. Friday I took my DIL and the babies to a wonderful park near us where they have a water fountain that the children can play in. We had a nice lunch and then we sat on the park bench while little Colton ,my grandson(2 yrs) had a ball playing in the water with all the other children. Vivian,his baby sister had a time watching them. She was getting so excited. I shared with their mom how so many things in life are free to enjoy and it doesn't always mean one needs to spend money to show your kids a good time. I learned this long ago when my children were small. We were poor but the kids were always happy finding things to do and just a trip to Walmart now and then was a treat for them.
    I don't know that she got it but maybe so....
    I love seeing you enjoying the simple things in life. Wish everyone felt the same way.
    Have a blessed week,dear.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete