Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What this hermit has been up to...

Making pincushions! I have plans of starting up my ETSY shop soon.

and I made homemade ding dong cupcakes... which were to die for. If I could find a way to keep them fresh I would airmail one to all my hillbilly friends!
All right, so I haven't been a complete hermit, but almost! I have been quite busy, playing with the kids, tending to the garden, baking, crafting, sewing, and rearranging the furniture and finally realizing that no matter how many times I move the furniture this house just isn't getting any bigger! I love my little old house that we are renting, I can picture myself living here forever, but with wanting to have a bunch of little ones... just thinking about it, I go into panic mode, and start moving furniture, thinking where will they all fit? But worrying about tomorrow will do me no good. Today I have two kids, and I love my little house, I will worry about the future when it gets here. I did make a cozy little corner for my seing machine, wedged right in between the couch and the dining room table, this room isn't cluttered, it is multi tasking! p.s. I think I can squeeze a couple more babies in here!

9 comments:

  1. I think being a hermit suits you well! And, look at how productive you have become! Now, I need to take lessons from you about productivity! Though, I think snuggling my baby is productive right now. He won't be little forever, right? Love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was reading your post I saw the pic of your desert. OMG! My mouth started to salivate and its only 9 in the morning. I also love your pin cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The future will happen later. Just enjoy now.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Ding Dong cake things are so yummy looking. Just to let you know I am back to blogging if you ever have a chance to stop by. You always lift me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes look deadly delightful. I love your pin cushions.
    Hugs and kisses to the boys.

    Boo-bah
    aka your Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can atest that the cupcakes were absolutely divine! Yummy yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, You left me a comment that you emailed me and I wanted you to know that I haven't got it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ashely,your little pincushions are so sweet looking and I won't even mention that delightfully sweet looking Ding Dong...oh, I just did..didn't I.
    Wishing you and your little family a joyful 4th of July....

    Blessings,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking at your blog with my 3 yo (who SHOULD BE IN BED!!!), he saw your little pin-cushions and said, "Those are weally cute! They look just like muffins!"

    He's weally cute too, and I thought you'd get a kick out of spontaneous toddler commentary. Good job on your homemade sweetness!

    ReplyDelete