Tuesday, February 3, 2009

An ugly duckling day...


I am having an ugly duckling sort of day. I am sick of being to poor to buy any new clothes, yes I know...I said I was trying not to be greedy, well I am going to start trying again tomorrow. I'm trying to make the best of my frumpy and forlorn wardrobe... I am patching up my jeans and embelishing them with cutesy ribbons and rick rack, and I am making some changes to some of my tops, I just wish I could go get some cute new clothes. Nothing expensive, wal mart suits me just fine... I am sick of my short hair!!! I long for funky little ponytails, so I really will look like the farmgirl that I am. My toes are so ugly, and I am too tired to paint them, I want polkadotted shoes or at least some shoes that aren't muddy and full of holes, flowery headbands, jeans that don't need a rope to hold them up, my own fault, I am notorious for buying my clothes to big, cute hillbillyesque flowing skirts, 50's blouses, and a cute yellow dress. That's all. Allrighty miss negativity will go back to sewing her quilt now!

2 comments:

  1. That duck is so cute. He isn't an ugly duckling at all.

    Yes you do buy your clothes way too big! A fat person such as me wants to know why do you do that? I think you should start your own clothes line for hillbillyesque people such as yourself. Maybe little accesories with a hillbilly touch. Etsy???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... I love you! And although I might create a monster here, have you heard of crafster.com? LOTS of super-cute ways to reconstruct old clothes into new, hip-looking ones.

    Yes, not as fun as new clothes... but better than nothing! ;)

    Sending lots of loves your way.

    ReplyDelete