Monday, February 2, 2009

Count your many blessings...


"Count your many blessings, name them one by one, Count your many blessings see what God has done..." This is a hymn we sing in church. A lot of times it is easy for me to get down on life and everything in it. It is so very easy to think about what my life is lacking and what I want and don't have and forget about all the ways that my life is full. Yes, there are a few super stinky things in my life right now... we don't have two dimes to rub together, unemployment sucks! I have a fly in my house that I can't get rid of, and I never sleep. But on the good side, I have much to be thankful for... I have two adorable little boys that are healthy and happy, a Boo-bah that loves me and makes my life as perfect and sunshiny as she can, a perfect little house and a wonderful church that kept me from losing my perfect little house this month, we were just blessed with a whopping $650 of food stamp benefits. Oh my beloved taco shop, how I do enjoy the free food you give me, but I suppose I will don my apron for at least a few homecooked meals. I am blessed with kind people in my life, kind people at the taco shop, who love my little Caillou, and kindly accept cookies as a form of payment for rolled tacos. I am blessed to have friends at the hardware store who give us goodies, I am blessed to have not yet been arrested for stealing rocks from all over town, I am blessed to have a car, even if it is a crappy car! I have a lot to be thankful for.... However I do still have a loooong list of things that I want, things to be thankful for in the future. Like a mint condition red and white semi automatic transmission volkswagen bus, with polkadot upholstery and enough seat room for my brood of children I plan on having. A new wardrobe, sunshiny, polka dotted, and ruffled. A miniature donkey. And weekly spending money to the fabric and craft store. Yes, I know I am greedy, but I am trying to improve!

1 comment:

  1. I know how discouraging your life is sometimes. They say there is a silver lining to every cloud. Although many times you have way too many clouds, I do think your struggles with things has strengthened you as a person. You are such a resourceful, creative person. You are gifted in so many ways that you don't even give yourself credit for. How is that book coming along??

    I just want you to know if you weren't in my life I probably would be sitting in a rocker not doing anything. This is where you inspire me to keep moving. So many things you suggest doing and plans you encourage me to do. In many ways we are like two peas in a pod. I am the fat pea of course.

    ReplyDelete