Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mama, the Christmas Elf...


the new warm quilt Caillou has specifically requested that Mama sew for him




I have been very busy with projects for Caillou's birthday and Christmastime gifts and ornament exchanges and homemade toys. I feel like an elf at the North Pole busily creating this and that, stitching up this, putting the finishing touches on that, wrapping it up with a shiny satin ribbon, and begininng work on another project. My stash of fabric is shrinking, but not too terribly! I have been collecting fabric alongside my mama for many years, however no matter how much collecting and accumilating I do... I could never beat the size of her fat quarter stash! My poor sewing machine has taken quite a beating over the past week. We went for a walk yesterday down to the quilt shop and picked up some sewing machine oil. I could have lingered in there for hours oohing and aahing over fabric and lovely books that inspire, and patterns galore. And of course I would have loved to have gone home with a rather large bundle of pretty little prints to inspire future projects, but dear Caillou and Jasper began their screaming contests and I left the store before I got the chance to pout about being too poor to buy the little lovelies that had caught my eye! A very timely tantrum indeed!
After the boys were in bed, I took apart my sewing machine and removed a tennis ball sized lump of lint, thouroughly cleaned the insides, and gave it a good oiling. I can't wait to start working on more projects today!

4 comments:

  1. OOOhhh, I love the new background. The quilt is pretty and looks very warm.

    I can't tell you how many times I've went back to yesterday's post and listened to Caillou sing.

    xxooxx
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so amazed me...with your creativity....blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a ounce of your crafty talent. But I don't. You are doing so great. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete