Monday, June 28, 2010

Life is short....

Life is short, too short to spend on things that in the end really don't matter.  Too short to be overly concerned with politics, or the trends of the world, too short for gossip and grudges, too short to be waiting for tomorrows, life is to short to not live in the moment and make every day a memory. Life is short, and childhood is even shorter, I am doing my best to live each day to the fullest, and create as much magic as I possibly can for my boys.  Okay... most days, I am mostly just trying to SURVIVE the chaos my two toddlers create, but I create quite a bit of chaos myself with all our little adventures.  I want each day to be an adventure for my littles, a learning experience, a moment they will remember.  Here are some pictures from this weeks adventures...

here we are enjoying a FREE movie, the kids were so enchanted to go to a movie theater!
eating crayons...
cooling off at Boo-bah's house....
making cake....
relaxing in a buttermilk bath...
Boys and their babies....
flying high in the sky...
mmmm, breakfast with Boo-bah....
trying to keep up with big brother....
according to Caillou... the 3 little pigs live here!
late night happy meals!
a shopping trip...
snacks at the park...
don't be fooled by the pictures... they don't stay in the cart for long...
boys love trains....
and bubbles....
and trees!
cooling off on a hot day
cuteness!

smelling flowers
an impromptu boogie in a wal-mart aisle
Hi mama!
Life is short, spend it doing what you love and with those you love.  Life may not be perfect, there will be hard times, and uncontrollable events in the world...there will be over due bills, and no good days. There will be people who don't like you and try to hurt you, and there will be plenty of difficult trials in life....
but there is so much good if you look for it.
Good in people, and in places, and in simple things.
Sunshine to be found in each and every day, even in the midst of toddler tantrums and mama meltdowns and a world of crap spinning around you.  Savor the simple things, muddy toddler toes, hand-made blankets, diet coke, and chocolate frosting... ladybugs, grass stained knees,  a hand-picked bouquet, walks to the park, tricycle rides. The voice of my little ones singing me songs, the quiet of nursing my baby in the middle of the night, evenings spent at the park, and afternoons snuggling littles in the hammock.  The whir and hum of my sewing machine late at night, the crow of our rooster in the morning. 
This is my world, my life, my sunshine. 
As long as my boys have a smile on their face at the end of the day, NOTHING else matters to me!

8 comments:

  1. what a sweet post and your so right to enjoy your children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! Looks like happy days. Enjoy each moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely.

    Daisy in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post blessed my soul this morning...thank you sweetie...loved all the pictures...your babies are all so precious...wish I could give them all a big squeeze...thanks for helping me to remember to be thankful for the simple things in life and leave the big worries for God to fix....have a blessed week......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your post and I have to agree with you 100%. We must put our family first and enjoy each and every moment together. Family is what is most important in our lives as well! I look forward to reading more great posts!

    Kelli
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. When life gets to me (everyday it seems!) I love looking at your blog with your little ones and remember some of my happier times, when my kids were little like that and trips to the park, a movie or even McDonald's were a treat for all of us. Treasure your days with them now and keep posting those wonderful photos! Smile today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a refreshing post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the blanket/fabric that Ollie is laying in the the first picture. All of your boys are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete